ABOUT ALICE TECHNOLOGIES ALICE Technologies is the world’s first artificial intelligence platform that understands construction. ALICE empowers the world's pre-eminent construction teams with the ability to explore millions of different construction plans and answer “what if” scenarios on the fly. With ALICE, contractors and owners can plan, bid, and build more effectively, reducing construction durations by an average of 16.2% and labor costs by 14.7% (e.g., $30M in labor-cost savings on a typical $500M project). We’re backed by leading Venture Capital firms including Merus Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners and our first-of-its-kind technology was named one of the seven most striking construction technology innovations of 2018 (link here). Find out more about what we do here, and the company origins.
Work closely with the Head of Product on:
- Conducting user research to collect user requirements and perform gap analysis on current workflows
- Use case and persona documentation
- Product design reviews to identify potential adjustments and alternatives derived from user feedback
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to create and maintain a cohesive user experience throughout the product
- Craft UI mockups to communicate visual looks and function
- Conduct feature design and UX review prior to deployment
- Prototype ideas and feature solutions with wireframes
- Perform usability testing to validate solution hypothesesDesign user interface elements, e.g. buttons, menus, navigation tabs etc.
- Maintain design libraries and standards on fonts, color schemes, logo design etc
- BS and/or MS in design, computer science or other STEM field
- 3-5 years in product design
- Demonstrated portfolio of designing SaaS products
- Demonstrated experience with wireframing tools such as Balsamiq, InVision etc.
- Strong skills in design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc
- Experienced with Agile - Scrum development environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Roll up sleeve’s mentality to get the job done
- Ardent team player and comfortable with fast paced, highly dynamic environments
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
Why Work at ALICE?
- We’re a small, early stage team that is growing quickly with plenty of opportunity for your professional and personal growth - and we’re here to support you in that growth.
- We’re building a truly innovative and category-defining artificial intelligence (AI) product in one of the world’s largest and most important industries.
- We teach our innovative scheduling tool and methods at Stanford, ETH Zurich and other universities around the world, breeding a new generation of construction project managers.
- On top of a standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.), we provide additional benefits including free snacks, drinks, and lunch.
- Our office is located 1 minute walking distance from the Menlo Park Caltrain station, making commuting easy.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- We believe in sharing our success in the form of equity, which is part of the compensation for all employees.