ALICE Technologies is the world’s first artificial intelligence platform that understands construction. ALICE empowers the world's pre-eminent construction teams with the ability to explore millions of different construction plans and answer “what if” scenarios on the fly.
With ALICE, contractors and owners can plan, bid, and build more effectively, reducing construction duration by an average of 16.2% and labor costs by 14.7% (e.g., $30M in labor-cost savings on a typical $500M project).
Your Day-to-Day at ALICE Technologies
This high profile role will work closely with key stakeholders to have an outsized impact on our product. Some of the work you’ll be doing includes:
- Architecting and implementing new product features in Scala and/or Node
- Reinforcing our current feature-set and code base with enterprise-grade stability, scalability, and usability
- Participating in the full DevOps cycle
- Minimum of 5 years of back-end software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with algorithm-heavy products & code (e.g., business logic implementation, performance optimization)
- Interest in functional programming
- Fluency in development tools (version control, CI/CD, TDD)
- Practical knowledge of software security principles (OWASP Top 10)
- Solid understanding at least two of the following:
- Web stack
- SQL/NoSQL databases
- Distributed computing
- Modern infrastructure for SaaS products
- Haskell; Scala frameworks: Play, Slick, Akka; PostgreSQL; C++; ElasticSearch
- React.js, Redux, TypeScript, Elm
- Docker; VMWare; Kubernetes; HashiCorp stack (Nomad/Consul, Terraform/Packer); Puppet/SaltStack/Ansible; AWS/Azure/Google cloud
- Infrastructure as code
- Working with large data sets (e.g. Big Data, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Graphs)
- Computer graphics
- AI / Optimization Algorithms
Why Work at ALICE?
- We’re a small, early stage team that is growing with plenty of opportunity for your professional and personal growth - and we’re here to support you in that growth
- We’re building a truly innovative and category-defining artificial intelligence product in one of the world’s largest and most important industries
- Lightweight development process based on Agile manifesto core principles
- A significant portion of our time is spent on research to find the best ways to solve problems for our users
- On top of the standard benefits package (healthcare), mental wellness benefits, professional development, snacks, drinks, and free lunches at the office.
- Flexible vacation policy and open to remote workers
- We believe in sharing our success in the form of equity, which is part of the compensation for all employees
Pay Range: $93k-$119k